Sunday, June 13, 2010

It's been a while...

Okay...

It's been 2+ years since I have posted anything. Honestly, things have been busy and I haven't had much to say that I haven't been saying to friends anyway.

So what's happened over the time? A lot... and not all that much.

Back in September 2008, Heather and I bought Squirl out of his half of the store. He stuck around for a bit helping out (a LOT) until the end of May of 2009. Squirl still comes in and games on a regular basis, but he doesn't really help run the store anymore. In a lot of ways I miss him in that capcity because he's an excellent sounding board and frequently shows wisdom beyond his years. I understand why he left though. His life was getting hectic and our being partners was straining our friendship. In the end, his stepping away from the store was the best choice for all involved.

In Januar of 2009, we moved Amored Gopher Games to a new, larger location. Heather and I were worried about how that was going to go, but it seems our worries were unfounded. Our sales held steady with levels that we had prior to the move, then they slowly increased to about double of what we were making to the move. It's only gone up since then. In the elapsed time, we went after and achieved sanctioning for Friday Night Magic. This event alone has turned Fridays from a $300-$350 day to a $550-$1000 day. Things are looking up, and our family of Gophers (regular customers) continues to grow.

Also, close to a year ago, I quit my day job. Financially, it was the worst thing I could have done, but from a physical standpoint, I had to do it. Working both the store and the Pancake Hut was slowly killing me with exhaustion and stress. Overall, I'm glad I left the Pancake Hut, but I am not proud of HOW I left it. I walked out in mid-shift on a Saturday... yeah, I was that stressed with it all.

Throughout all of it, I've come to realize just how blessed that I am that God above connected me with my wife early on in our lives. Heather has made all of the things going on not only bearable, but enjoyable. She is my inspiration and my godsend, and I don't tell/show her that enough. I adore Heather beyond measure and she is easily the best thing that has entered, or will ever enter, my life. I love you, sweetheart. =)

I'm signing off for now... but there is more to say, and I will say it eventually...

peace... the Red-Haired Maniac a.k.a. GopherDave

No comments: