Sunday, October 17, 2004

Birthdays...

Now, as I get older, I am beginning to dread birthdays. Not mine, mind you. I'm getting old and don't really give a rat's behind about that. No, now I'm beginning to hate my children's birthdays.

My daughter turned eight yesterday. I really don't mind the costs involved or the swarm of kids at the parties, the the latter tries my patience at times. I am just saddened by the thought of my kids growing up. It means that they're getting bigger, and more independant. It means that they need me that much less. Overall, I believe myself to be a good father, and I know that this is the cycle of things. Kids are born, they grow, then they move on. Doesn't mean I have to like it, though. Sigh... ...just another thing in this life that I can't control. =/

peace... RHM

No comments: