Tuesday, April 12, 2005

No... No You're Not...

Wow… I just realized that I haven’t blogged or almost two months. It’s not for lack of anything to talk about, just been busy dealing with the buying of the new house. Speaking of which, we closed on the 8th, so the thing is all ours, which brings me to the main point of this entry.

As a person grows older they reach points in their lives when they feel ready for certain milestones. Things like, “I’m ready to be married”, or “I’m ready to be a parent”, or my most recent discovery, “I’m ready to be a homeowner”. These are great thoughts on life and show an increasing maturity about how things work. These statements are also among the biggest lies you can ever tell yourself.

Let me put this as plainly as I can. A person can feel as ready and as prepared for each of these milestones of life as they like. They can read all the books, solicit all the advice, and ponder all the whys and wherefores that they like. The reality of it is, a person is “ready” for one of these events all the way up until the moment it occurs. Then, things go to Hell…

Just a thought to chew on folks…

peace… RHM

No comments: