Sunday, February 13, 2005

Music... Music... Music...

What have I been listening to lately? Well, right now, I’ve spent a lot of time digging through some older CDs and listening to things like Gwar, Megadeth, and Monster Magnet. However, I caught part of Headbanger’s Ball last night and ran into a band I had never heard of before. The band is called Seemless, and the video I watched was for a song called Lay My Burden Down. VERY Good stuff. Reminds me of Soundgarden a bit, which is always a good thing. I recommend you follow the link and listen to all three songs, especially Lay My Burden Down.

If you couldn’t tell, I like a lot of metal, but a good deal of the new stuff leaves me cold. All too often, I’ll hear the beginning of a song that I like only to have the “singer” open his cakehole and erupt with a voice of that sounds like he’s been gargling Drano for the last year and a half. Big turn off usually. There are exceptions to this. I like In Flames a lot, and both Shadows Fall and Killswitch Engage have also caught my attention. While all of these bands have their “cookie monster” moments, the music is good enough that I am willing to overlook screamy-vocals, especially if the scream actually adds to the sounds instead of detracting from it.

Just my two cents…

peace… RHM

No comments: