Wednesday, January 12, 2005

OK... Now What?

Well, due to the collective indifference of many members (myself occasionally included), the e-Publishing venture known as Shared Lobotomy is no more. Does this come as a surprise to me? No, not really. Am I disappointed? Yeah, kind of. I dug the vibe that five of us had started to generate and was hoping that we could push each other to the point where this would be a good thing for us all. Ah well, no real amount of money was invested, so nothing is truly lost except time.

So what does this mean for me? I’m not sure really. I would like to persevere and hopefully get published by somebody. Eventually, I would like to own a company and publish my own game system(s) and adventures. Will I do the partnership/collective thing again? No. As far as I’m concerned, it all comes down to me at this point. It’s my dream so I should be the only one to chase it. Let others chase their own dreams and live their own lives. It’s all good to me.

For the immediate future, I have three events for Winter War to put together and just over two weeks to do it in. Can I do it? No sweat. I have done much more in much less time. Beyond the convention, I now have a regular Feng Shui game to plan for on a bi-weekly basis. If I can spend one or two evenings every two weeks planning that, then all should be well with it.

As far as long-term goals go, it’s probably best to take it as it comes to me. What that means is I’ll have around a half-dozen projects in various stages of completion at any given time. My bi-polar nature sort of leads to my having a “look at the kitty” attention span, so starting a new project isn’t the issue for me. The key is coming back to unfinished projects and inching them toward completion. If I can get just ONE thing done in this regard, it SHOULD make finishing others easier. At least that’s the way it’s supposed to work, isn’t it?

peace… RHM

No comments: