Tuesday, November 02, 2004

It's That Time...

Time once again for everyone who is registered to vote to do so. I'm not going to go on a schpiel on who to vote for or any of that. Basically, all I'm saying is do it. Because if you don't, then you have no real reason to complain about how this country is run. Sorry, personal opinion.

Admittedly, I didn't vote in the 2000 election, and I'm kicking myself for it. As it stood, it came down to a lesser of two evils (Gore and G.W.), and I couldn't decide either way. On one shoulder I had GW, who really struck me as sort of a poster child for ADD. Not really stupid, but seemingly easily led. On the other shoulder, we had Gore, who had rankled my nerves with the whole PMRC deal back in the late 80s. Basically, ol' Al pulled strings to get his wife and her cronies a congressional hearing on a moment's notice for what should have been a non-issue. Being a music fanatic, the whole deal struck me with a hint of persecution. As a citizen, I was outraged as many other more meaningful issues got bumped back in the schedule of hearings because Tipper got her panties in a bunch.

I guess what I'm trying to say is go vote. Make your voice heard. Never stay silent when you have the chance to speak for what you believe in.

peace... RHM

1 comment:

Jeff Rients said...

Although Mr. Gore is no saint, I feel more comfortable blaming Tipper for the PMRC debacle. After all if I was a Senator and my wife got her panties in a bunch about something, I'm pretty sure I would hold the stupid hearings.

For all your Tipper-hating needs, check out these links:

http://rant_farm.tripod.com/040209.html

http://rant_farm.tripod.com/020326.html