Saturday, August 28, 2010

Home...

...is where the heart is.

Currently, I am in my store (Armored Gopher Games) late on a Friday night watching a bunch of the regulars playing multiplayer silliness...

I have spent Wednesday, Thursday, and early this morning in Madison, Wisconsin for a game distributor trade. While I had a good time, between the driving, the fact I don't sleep well in new places (read: hotels), and the alcohol they (the industry folks) plied us with, I'm more than a bit tired. Actually... I'm pretty freakin' exhausted.

I drove home this morning/afternoon, dropped stuff off at the house, played with the dog a bit, then came to the store where my wife was before we opened. Seeing her was, and is always, a good thing. I missed her...

A friend picked up the kids after they got home from school and then brought them to the store, so I got to see my children after not seeing them for two days. That was good. I missed them...

We had a major release today, then we had Friday Night Magic (with 24 attendees). Business came hard and heavy. It was a good day business-wise, but, again, exhausting.

Which brings us back to the beginning...

Currently, I am in my store (Armored Gopher Games) late on a Friday night watching a bunch of the regulars playing multiplayer silliness... ...and I am as happy as a pig in mud. While I enjoy the occassional trip, it's not the same without the wife and kids... and the Gophers.

It is past Midnight on a late Friday night... and it doesn't look like I'm leaving before 2AM on a night when I have run myself ragged, but I am happy.

I'm with family currently...

When it's done, I'm going home to be with the wife, the daughter, and the dog...

I'm going to sleep in my own bed...

I am home.

peace...

No comments: